Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Michael Jackson (and dare I say better than the original?!?!)

I've mentioned this in a previous post, but it's worth mentioning again: I get A LOT of music and I get it often.  The volume of music that hits my ears is such that I rarely listen to a song more than once.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most of the music I pick up.  But my new criteria for epic songs is whether I listen to it more than once.

More context:

I also take pride in the digging I've done to find new and rare tracks.  I'm selfish and like to not only keep the jewels to myself (so I can brag when I drop them in a DJ set) but I also keep the source of them a secret, too.

But this track was too good to not share with the world.  It's a demo version of MJ's "Pretty Young Thing" very tastefully edited by one of my favorite cut/paste/remix DJ's, U-Tern.

This is so friggin' smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooth it blows my mind.  The intro of the song is great with some carefree laughing from MJ back when beautiful music was his claim to fame.  And who knew that cowbells could be so tastefully used in an R&B track?  This has had me singing...
 "PeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyTeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
...for the last couple of days.  No matter my mood I've found myself jumping back to this repeatedly.  Enjoy!


1 comment: