Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Release Tuesdays

It's that time of the week and... and...
... nothing dropped that I wanted to cop. Instead, I decided to share the last track that entered my iTunes. This is a throwback Wu-Tang banger with all of the essentials: Method Man spitting the hook, a soulful doo-wop vocal sample with Raekwon and Ghost laying it down "like ceramic tile." I don't know much about this track. It might be found off of The Chef's forthcoming "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. 2." Considering the ease with which you can find it online, this could just be a morsel shared to whet the appetite of a delayed release date. I'll still pick up the album if this and the rest of the "leaked" tracks make the album. This is certified.

This is also a good time to introduce my weekly hip-hop night at the Dinkytowner.  Every Tuesday I play the latest hip-hop and indie all night (9-2am).  I dubbed the night "New Release Tuesdays."  Come on out and release your early-week stresses with new music (if something hot dropped Tuesday, you can bet I'm spinning it), free pool and 2-4-1's that all goes down on Tuesday.  Get it?  I'll get a mix up soon enough to give you an idea of how the mixing is going down.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment