Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I love you not for the buzz, but for the taste of the strychnine

I picked up the much-anticipated album debut of Black Blondie, Do You Remember Who You Wanted to Be.  It did not disappoint.  They are my favorite band live and I was worried that their sound would not translate to a studio recording.  But it does, wonderfully.  The jazzy moodiness, the tempo changes, the cheekiness, the acute awareness of each instrument, and the playfulness of Samarha's vocals are all there.

On a scale of 1 to 10-thousand lakes, this album is a 10-thousand-laker: a certified Minnehappiness classic!



Be sure not to miss their CD release show this Friday at The Triple Rock.  I live a few blocks from the show.  Hit me up if you want to meet up or pre-party at my place: broxmix@gmail.com.

people don't dance no more, all they do is this

No comments:

Post a Comment