Sunday, August 16, 2009

Belated Disco

There were two sweet disco parties this weekend. Neither of which I was able to attend. You gotta love summer weddings, right? The jump-off Friday night was at the First Ave VIP room where I'm sure hella classy and rare joints were spun by Mike 2600 and Attitude City. Be sure to catch this every 2nd Friday of the month! Saturday night's disco party was at... awww, hell, I don't know where it was. The point is that I was meaning to share some tasty disco records that I had picked up in NY in lieu of this weekends' festivities. Without further ado...

I love how Carole King extends the "disco school" theme throughout this track. It even has a little tasty disco break down near the end.


So this one's a bit cheesy. I only picked it up because it was a West End disco single which almost never miss. If you can get through the initial vocals, you will be rewarded with some bossa guitar riffs. It totally redeems the track.


When I saw this record at Academy Records in NY it was a complete no-brainer. I love Rufus and ever since I came across the Billy Cobham and George Duke Live in Europe record, I've become convinced that George Duke can do no wrong. This boogie track needs no further description other than what's in the title:

No comments:

Post a Comment