Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brown Bag Allstars

Whenever I visit NY, I always need to stop by the Fat Beats record store. On previous journeys, I was fortunate enough to converse with the Audible Doctor and be introduced to his production in the form of his Brownies CD. If you don't know about this James Brown tribute, or if you're an aspiring producer, you must cop this. This is hands-down, the best re-interpretation of JB samples I've ever heard. And if you think you've heard JB chopped every which-way imaginable, think again.

Whoa, I got off on a tangent... so this time around at Fat Beats I met J57. He's another Fat Beats employee who produces and emcees. He put me on to a group that was recently formed called Brown Bag Allstars (BBAS). They have a blog with a bunch of hotness for download and if you follow any of them on Twitter, you can catch them on the come-up with videos like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment