Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hip-Hop Thursday @ Spring Street Tavern

If you haven't noticed, Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 is slowly being leaked track-by-track to the big-dog blogs [rhymed without even trying]. So far, the tracks have been disappointments. Instead of provide you with links to these so-far mediocre tracks, I'm going to share a track that also has been posted up on the definitive hip-hop blogs... and is fire on that late-90's NYC tip. In other words, it's my joint.
Let me (re)-introduce you to Bekay (pronounced "BK"). Hailing, obviously, from Brooklyn this Jewish emcee has been making moves for a minute but hasn't ever blown up. Some may remember him from his battles on 106 & Park back in '02, others from MTV's short-lived MC battles around '03. I haven't heard much of him, but if this viral track if him holding his own with Masta Ace is any indication of what is to come, I'll be on the lookout.


If I had some Bekay wax, I'd rock it tomorrow (Thursday). But I don't. I've got crates of other quality hip-hop, though that I'll be throwing down tomorrow night at the Spring Street Tavern with DJ Trey. Come holler at your DJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment