Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bear with me during my internet outage

So the last person on earth who had an unlocked wireless network moved out of my living complex. While I'm trying to figure out the best way to actually pay for internet the posts will be a little light I'm afraid. I'm going to try and get to the coffee shop as often as I can to give you guys and ladies the download. Before I head back to an unconnected zone, let me drop as much knowledge as I can.

DIGITATA tonight at the 7th Street Entry!
Just when I thought they were officially broken up after their historic 4-hour set at the Uptown Bar they are blessing the 7th Street for an intimate show. I'm predicting melodic, downtempo eargasms spilling onto the person at your left shoulder.

KILL THE VULTURES tonight at the Uptown Bar!
Get your final kicks at the Uptown Bar as it's set to close in November to make way for retail because that's exactly what Uptown needs during the recession, right? Instead of drowning your layoff in PBRs and moody hip-hop you'll need to scrounge up $40 for some tee shirt all of the west suburb kids are wearing this week to school. Ugh.

BIG ZACH and I SELF DEVINE at the Uptown Bar Friday, October 2nd (advance notice!)
I shouldn't have to tell you about Big Zach if you're reading this blog... hell, I shouldn't have to tell you about Big Zach if you live in the tri-state area and are a fan of hip-hop! I will tell you that he's been absolutely killing it recently with a bonkers freestyle at Drunk at the Nomad, his live shows with More Than Lights and his appearance on multiple hot projects including one of the best hip-hop albums of the year, "Recession Music".

PHOENIX at First Ave on Tuesday, the 22nd
If you missed Phoenix at one of my favorite venues, the Varsity Theatre, a few months ago like I did you won't want to miss this one! The next time they come through it will likely mean a bigger venue with worse acoustics and more tweens. Yikes!

Old School Hip-Hop picked up on wax:

NWA, "Dopeman (Remix)" 12-inch single


No comments:

Post a Comment