Monday, June 20, 2011

DJ Tools part 2

The last installment of DJ Tools was back almost a year ago... so I guess I shouldn't even call it an "installment." As I've been keeping a closer eye on which posts get the most hits, that particular post consistently ranks at the top. So I will be giving you some more DJ tools now and in the near future. Below are some of my most recent finds and rips...

One of my favorite Nas tracks and, unlike most of the instrumentals God's Son raps over, this beat makes the track even better. As a bonus, the 12" I ripped this from is the UK version and includes a smooth, guitar-laden remix instrumental.



"Boombox" is the song that made me open my eyes to Blueprint. What's crazy is that Blueprint not only made the "Boombox" beat, but also the El-P-esque "Lo-Fi Funk" instrumental as well.



This beat is more suited for A Tribe Called Quest, but LL still got nasty on it.


*DJs, keep in mind these are all vinyl rips and are not quantized

No comments:

Post a Comment