Wednesday, August 17, 2011

J Dilla - Last Donut of the Night Contest Winner



Peanut Butter Wolf: THANKS TO EVERYONE who entered. I watched every entry, wrote notes and put them in categories. I got input from the Stones Throw staff, artists on the label, friends and basically anyone I knew who had an opinion. Almost 2000 words of notes and countless hours of watching later and we have our winners.

I expected around 50 people to enter and ended up with 156. The original goal was to be able to find 15 “winners” to put on the Stones Throw youtube page (which I did), yet I ended up with 50 I felt were at least worth mentioning. Well, more than 50, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

The top 5 were the hardest to put in order. I would’ve been happy with any combination of those ones, so my personal apologies to #2, #3, #4, and #5 for not winning first place. I hope to do a video in the future with each of you and others from the contest as well. (I’ve already approached a few of you).

Overall, lots of Doom, Dilla and Lord Quas in the contest. I think we could’ve made the contest strictly Donuts and the entries would’ve been just as cool.

Some guys got pretty intense with full cast and crew and others took found footage and did a great job on their own with editing. A lot of the songs like Lightworks, Fancy Clown, Strange Ways, Safety Dance, and Time (Donut Of The Heart) were chosen by multiple entries. And nobody made a Charizma video. L Glad a few of you made a Koushik video though. He’s still one of my fav Stones Throw artists.

Cast: Juha Ilmari Laine, Markku Laitinen, Rami Rusinen, Petra Lumioksa / Director of Photography: Jeremias Nieminen / Camera Operator: Antti Savolainen / Camera Asst: Sofia Palillo / Sound Engineer: Tuomas Vauhkonen / Sound Recording: Ilkka Kunttu / Gaffer: Jeremias Nieminen / Best Boy: Tuomas Peltonen / Runner: Petra Lumioksa / Catering: Petra Lumioksa. J Dilla's "Last Donut of the Night" is taken from the album Donuts (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment